REFERRALS FOR SERVICES
How to Make a Referral
It is easy to refer a person for our free services who is blind or visually impaired.
Referrals for adults call toll free (800) 639-5861 ext. 230 and speak to the Intake Coordinator, Nancy Boldt.
The Referral Process:
- Call (800) 639-5861 ext. 230 and speak to the Intake Coordinator, Nancy Boldt. She will provide a brief overview of services available to help you or a loved one.
- A certified instructor will call to schedule a home visit and get directions to your home.
- An assessment will be conducted to identify your goals and set a plan of action in place. A low vision evaluation will also be conducted to determine if magnification will be helpful.
- Our service is client-driven. Ongoing home visits will occur until all options have been explored, unless you choose otherwise.
Referrals can be received by mail or phone; from doctors, health care providers, family members, friends or individuals themselves.
All of our services are free of charge!
Referrals for Children call toll free 800-639-5861 ext. 225 and speak to the Supervisor of Children’s Services, Stephanie Bissonette.
- Call Stephanie Bissonette at 800-639-5861 ext. 225, she will provide a brief overview of services available to help your child.
- Arrangements will be made for an in home visit to further discuss services and provide a low vision screening.