Information on Visual Impairments and Blindness
- State of Vermont Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports
- Lighthouse International
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Northeast Regional Center for Vision Education
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Carroll Center for the Blind
- National Federation for the Blind Vermont
- State of Vermont Department of Libraries, Special Services Unit
- Blind Bargains: adaptive devices in addition to other non-vision related devices for bargain prices
- getATstuff: Assistive Technology (AT) exchange in New England
- Directions for Me: one-stop source for accessible packaging information
- The American Federation for the Blind (AFB) and Partners for Sight’s “Vision Aware” Site
- Vermont Assistive Technology Program
- JAWS software
- Zoomtext software
- Voice of the Diabetic
- Vermont Council for the Blind
- Pathogenesis and Management of Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- VisionSim (Braille Institute): vision simulators using mobile device’s phone to simulate different vision pathologies
- Notes on Blindness: An audio diary of someone with vision loss
- Former client and current VABVI board member Bob Lanoue discusses the impact of our services
- Our organization’s PSA
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Rapid Wristbands, see post located under “Events & Newsletter” for VABVI wristbands
The “Spot Vision Screener” by WelchAllyn is a portable resource to help users rapidly and easily detect a visual impairment in people as young as six months of age. Vermont’s Springfield, Essex Junction, Castleton, and NorShaft Lions Clubs are each in possession of this revolutionary new product.
Since schools, individuals, and organizations might be unable to purchase this product due to financial constraints, these local Lions Clubs are offering to provide the testing them…selves or lend this innovative device to Vermonters! To learn more or schedule an appointment, please contact your nearest Lions Club.
Springfield Lions: (802) 281-9946.
Essex Junction Lions: (802) 879-6734.
Castleton Lions: (802) 265-8686.
NorShaft (located in Shaftsbury, Vermont) Lions: email@example.com.
- College Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Cornerstone 6 Reasons to Go to College
- Online High Schools
- Find Accredited Online Colleges
- The Accredited Online Colleges Search Tool and Guidebook
- Online Schools Guidebook for K-12 and College Students
- College Admissions Guidebook