Become a VABVI Volunteer
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Volunteers make a world of difference in the lives of people with vision loss. The inability to drive is the most significant limiting aspect for a person with a visual impairment. With the help of volunteer drivers VABVI is able to provide transportation to our clients.
Here are our volunteer opportunities in all 4 offices across the state:
- Volunteer Driver: Transport individuals to and from appointments. Drivers will receive mileage reimbursement for the use of their own vehicle.
- Shopping Assistant: Assist individuals within stores (usually for groceries).
- Reader/Clerical Helper: Read mail and other printed material, fill out forms, assist with bills and help with correspondence.
- Office Support: Help assist our secretaries with clerical tasks.
- Special Events: Assist our Development Office with fundraisers and VABVI sponsored events.