The Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (VABVI)
A non-profit organization founded in 1926, is the only private agency to offer training, services, and support to visually impaired Vermonters. Each year we serve over 1,500 clients from birth through end of life.
Our mission is to enable Vermonters whether blind or visually impaired, to be more independent, to cultivate adaptive skills and to improve their quality of life.
The need for our services is increasing!
- The number of clients we serve has increased by 65% in the last 12 years.
- There are an estimated 13,000 Vermonters who are currently blind or visually impaired.
- As the “Baby Boomer” generation ages this number is expected to increase to at least 25,000 by 2030
- People are living longer and longer so we anticipate that the increase in demand for our services will continue well into the future.
- As a result, our neighbors, family and friends are among those who may be coping with vision loss.
Our Award Winning staff