TEACHER OF THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED or DUALLY CERTIFIED TVI/COMS
The Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired announces the availability of one TVI position based out of our South Burlington, VT office.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Itinerant full-time position responsible for vision assessments, Braille instruction, assistive technology, consultation to schools, families and other service providers, Expanded Core Curriculum lessons, and skills related to working with children from birth through high school population with and without additional disabilities. For those who are dually certified as a TVI/COMS this would also include O&M lessons to children.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's or Master's Degree as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired. For those dually certified, then an ACVREP certification is also required. Both the Vermont state teaching license and ACVREP certification can be acquired upon employment.
- $1,000 in moving expenses with receipts
- $2,000 bonus for staying through the second year
- $1,000 bonus for staying through the third year
- $450 annually toward professional development opportunities
- $175 annually toward professional dues
- Office space
- Laptop, iPad and printer are provided
- Mileage reimbursement
- Secretarial support
- Mentoring from peers and Director knowledgeable about blindness
- BC/BS, dental and other benefits.
- Drivers provided for employees with visual impairments.
- Possibility of this being a paid student teaching position will be considered.
Send resume, 3 letters of reference, copy of certification(s) and transcripts to:
Director of Children Services,
Teacher of the Visually Impaired and Orientation & Mobility Instructor for the
Vermont Association f/t Blind & VI
60 Kimball Ave.
South Burlington, VT 05403
800-639-5861 ext. 225