White Cane Awareness Day, Oct. 14th-15th, 2022
Please join us for one of the White Cane Day events taking place across Vermont!
Rutland, Friday October 14: 12:00 – 2:00 pm, meet at the Asa Bloomer Building Atrium, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland, VT
Experiential walk downtown followed by light refreshments.
Springfield: Friday October 14 10:00 - 12:00, meet at the Great Hall at 100 River Street, Springfield VT.
Participants of all ages and backgrounds will have the opportunity to use the white cane as they walk in downtown Springfield. There will be an interactive discussion on the importance of white cane awareness day to honor the independence and the experiences of people who are blind or visually impaired.
The event will include a reception with light refreshments. All are welcome.
Barre: Friday, October 14
· 12:30: Meet at the Soup & Greens/Walgreens parking lot in Barre.
· 1:00 walk to the ABLE Library
· 1:30 Karen Gavin will give an update/overview of the ABLE Library services/new website/any changes that may be on the horizon.
· 2:00 to 2:30 Tom Franks will give a technology update for the visually impaired.
· 2:30 to 4:00 social hour pizza and soda will be available.
· 4:00 End of the event.
Burlington: Saturday, October 15:
11:00 am arrive at the 110 Cherry St., Burlington, VT
11:15 am – 12:00 pm White cane experiential walk down Church Street
12:00 – 2:00 pm Movie presentation and Pizza (3rd floor conference room at 110 Cherry Street)
2:00 – 2:05 Closing remarks and wrap up
Additional Events Coming Soon, check back for updates!